Transfer Station Information
Located at 71241 566th Avenue, Telephone (402) 729-4078
Transfer Station Hours:
- Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 3:00 pm (summer – beginning 1st full week of May)
- Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (winter – beginning 1st full week of October)
- Saturday 8:00 am to 11:30 am (summer & winter)
Garbage Pickup Information
- Residential Service within city limits: $19.50 per month
- Residential Service outside city limits: $22.50 per month
- Commercial Service rates: rates vary, contact Public Works Department at (402) 729-5261Map of Pickup Schedule
Garbage Pickup Requirements:
- Containers: Garbage containers shall be not more than 30 gallons in size, have 2 handles and a close fitting lid. A maximum of five (5) containers shall be permitted per single family residence. Larger containers (over 30 gallons) may be used to hold regular size bagged household garbage ONLY and no loose materials. Loose materials will not be dumped. Container tops shall be cut-off even horizontally with no rough edges. Containers not having close fitting lids shall have holes in the sides or bottom so as not to accumulate water.
- Placement of Containers: Garbage containers shall be placed on owner’s property adjacent to the alley or street when there is no alley.
- Dumpster Containers: Dumpster containers shall be readily accessible to collection trucks and placed on a hard surface area. Materials placed therein shall be first placed in garbage bags with ties. The container shall be rinsed frequently. Dumpsters may not be used for materials prohibited for normal pickups.
- Pickup Days: Household garbage will be picked up once per week on scheduled day. Pickup days and times may vary due to holidays (check local media (e.g. newspaper, radio, TV for schedule changes). Commercial pickups will vary according to volume or schedule.
- Burning: Burning of garbage, rubbish or brush is prohibited within the city limits of Fairbury.
- Ashes: Ashes from fireplaces or wood burning stoves will be accepted only if cold and placed in a disposable container and considered safe.
- Special Pickups: Materials (such as brush, building materials, yard and garden waste, tires, appliances, etc.) may be hauled when requested and the appropriate fee has been paid.
- Other Materials Not Collected: Include, but are not limited to: batteries, auto parts, oil, anti-freeze, and unregulated hazardous waste.
- Pickup & Materials Discernment: It shall be at the discretion of the City employees as to what containers and materials meet these requirements.
- Penalty: Violation of these Refuse Collection Regulations will subject the violator to fines as provided in Title I, Chapter 10, Section 10.99 of the City of Fairbury, Nebraska Code of Ordinances.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CALL: 729-5261 or 729-4078
These regulations have been promulgated to provide for the public health and welfare and to give customers good service at the lowest possible cost. Your cooperation is needed to make the City of Fairbury Garbage Collection System work and to keep the City of Fairbury clean.