As everyone is aware, the number of COVID-19 positive infections has increased dramatically over the past few weeks which is causing a capacity issue within our healthcare system. In an effort to slow the spread, the City of Fairbury has issued a face covering mandate effective immediately through December 15, 2020 (11:59 PM). If you want to report a violation of the policy, please call:
- CITY OFFICES (MONDAY - FRIDAY) 8:00 A.M. -- 5:00 P.M. AT 402-729-2476 X 111 (Code Enforcement) OR
- JEFFERSON COUNTY SHERIFFS NON-EMERGENCY NUMBER AFTER CITY OFFICE BUSINESS HOURS/WEEKENDS AT 402-729-2284.
DO NOT CALL THE JEFFERSON COUNTY SHERIFF EMERGENCY NUMBER
OR 911 FOR A FACE COVERING VIOLATION
This face covering mandate applies to any individual age five (5) and older. The face covering will need to be worn over the mouth and nose while indoors in a premise that is open to the general public. Below are the definitions of a face covering and a premise that is open to the public. To view the regulation in it's entirety, click here.
Definition of a face covering: A face covering is defined as a covering which, when worn properly, must cover the nose and mouth completely and can include a paper or disposable face mask, a cloth face mask, a scarf, a bandanna, a neck gaiter, or a religious face covering. Medical-grade masks and respirators are sufficient face coverings, but to preserve adequate supplies, their purchase is discouraged for those who do not work in a health care setting or in other occupations that require medical-grade personal protective equipment. Masks that incorporate a valve designed to facilitate easy exhaling, mesh masks, or masks with openings, holes, visible gaps in design or material, or vents are not sufficient face coverings because they allow exhaled droplets to be released into the air.
Definition of a premise that is open to the general public: Premises that are open to the general public are broadly defined to include entities that employ or engage workers, including private-sector entities, public-sector entities, non-profit entities, regular commercial or business establishments, private clubs, sports clubs, religious centers or buildings, public transportation (including buses, taxis, ride-sharing vehicles, or vehicles used for business purposes), and any place which is generally open to the public, including educational institutions and daycare facilities.
Individual Facial Coverings Required: All individuals age five (5) and older shall wear a face covering over their mouth and nose while indoors in a premise that is open to the general public including, but not limited to, educational institutions, unless the individual maintains a minimum of six (6) feet of separation or social distance at all times from anyone who is not a member of the individual's household, except face coverings will not be required if the individual:
- is seated at a bar or restaurant to eat or drink, or while immediately consuming food or beverages
- is engaged in an occupation preventing the wearing of a face covering
- is obtaining a service or purchasing goods or services that requires the temporary removal of the face covering
- is asked to remove a face covering to verify an identity for lawful purposes
- is giving a speech, lecture, or broadcast to an audience so long as six (6) feet of distancing from other individuals is maintained and only while said speech, lecture, or broadcast is being delivered, though wearing a face covering even in these circumstances is highly encouraged
- cannot otherwise wear a face covering because of a medical condition, a mental health condition, or a disability that makes it unreasonable for the individual to wear a face covering
Nothing in the section above shall prohibit the owner or person in charge of a premises that is open to the general public from implementing a more restrictive face policy.
CLICK HERE CLICK HERE TO PRINT THE POSTER
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT "WERE IN THIS TOGETHER NEBRASKA CAMPAIGN"
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE NEWS CHANNEL NEBRASKA STORY ON THE CITY OF FAIRBURY'S FACE COVERING MANDATE