Fairbury City Wide
Clean-Up Week 2021
FAIRBURY: April 26, 27, 28 JANSEN: April 30
CLICK HERE TO SCHEDULE YOUR PICK UP DATE NOW!
It’s that time of year again!! Roll up your sleeves and join your neighbors and friends in this city wide observance to make our city a neater, cleaner and more
attractive place to live!
THE CITY OF FAIRBURY WILL PROVIDE FREE CURBSIDE PICK-UP SERVICE FOR LARGE ITEMS ONLY IN THE CITY LIMITS ON YOUR SCHEDULED PICK UP DAY FROM APRIL 26 - APRIL 28, 2021 FOR FAIRBURY AND APRIL 30, 2021 FOR JANSEN. THIS IS A CHANGE FROM PREVIOUS YEARS. PLEASE READ THE BELOW CAREFULLY:
- To schedule your large item pickup, please contact the Fairbury Transfer Station at (402)729-4078 or register online below. Registration for pick-up must be completed prior to April 16th, 5:00 p.m. Please note: Items will not be picked up if your address has not been submitted and approved prior to the deadline of April 16, 5:00 p.m. Items that can be disposed of with regular garbage service or items contained in bags or boxes will NOT be picked up.
- Mattresses will NOT be picked up curbside or in the regular weekly trash pickup. Mattresses can be dropped off at the Fairbury Transfer Station at no charge throughout the year ( 1 mattress and boxspring per trip).
- Junked vehicles can be removed at no charge by calling (402)729-2476, extension 4 and furnishing proof of ownership.
- ALL ITEMS SCHEDULED FOR PICKUP MUST BE PLACED CURBSIDE BY 7:00 a.m. (no alley pick-ups).
- All items scheduled for pick up must be placed curbside in direct view of the house number.
- Fairbury Residents may also haul their own eligible materials free of charge to the Fairbury Transfer Station the following week (May 3 - 7, 2021).
DO NOT PUT TRASH CURBSIDE TOO EARLY!!! Trash put out more than 2 weeks before City Wide Clean-up Week begins will be subject to being picked up by the city FOR A FEE that will be billed to the resident and/or property owner.
MATERIALS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR CURBSIDE PICK UP include, but are not limited to: Shingles, Logs, Brush, Stumps, Concrete, Building Materials, Lumber, Tires, Leaves, Grass, Garbage, Wood Pallets, Drywall, Propane Tanks, Gas Cans, Ashes, Paint (in liquid form), Chemicals, all Liquids and any bagged or boxed items.
IT SHALL BE UP TO THE DISCRETION OF THE WORKERS AS TO WHAT MATERIALS ARE OR ARE NOT ELIGIBLE!