The city of Fairbury will provide Free curbside pick-up for Large items only in the city limits on your scheduled pickup day from April 24th – 26th. To schedule your large item pickup please contact the Transfer Station at (402) 729-4078 or register online prior to 4:00 pm. April 20th to have your address added to the list. Items will be picked up only on the day scheduled for you and only from the addresses that have scheduled a pick up. Items will NOT be picked up if your address has not been submitted prior to 4:00 pm on April 20th and approved prior to 4:00 pm. April 21st. Items that can be disposed of with regular garbage service or items contained in bags or boxes will NOT be picked up.
ELIGIBLE MATERIALS, from qualifying residential properties only - NO BUSINESSES - include, but are not limited to: couches, loveseats, recliners, stoves, refrigerators, washers, dryers, water heaters, exercise equipment, carpet, car parts and other large items NOT collected on regular garbage collection.
Residents wanting to dispose of mattresses can take them for free (one set per dump) to the transfer station all year long! Mattresses will NOT be picked up curbside or in the regular weekly trash pickup.
Junked vehicles can be removed at no charge by calling (402) 729-4078 and furnishing proof of ownership.
DO NOT PUT items CURBSIDE TOO EARLY!!! Items put out more than 2 weeks before City Wide Clean-up Week begins will be subject to being picked up by the city FOR A FEE that will be billed to the resident and/or property owner.
- This service is limited to THOSE LIVING AT A QUALIFYING RESIDENCE and for materials FROM THOSE PROPERTIES ONLY - NO BUSINESSES!!!
- Maximum of (1) truck load per residence.
- All items must be placed CURBSIDE BY 7:00 A.M. on the scheduled pick-up day (no alley pick-ups).
- All items scheduled for pickup must be placed curbside in direct view of the house number unless otherwise directed by city staff when scheduling your pickup.
- ALL GARbage cans, barrels and containers at the curb during clean up week will be thrown away
- Fairbury residential customers, may also haul their own eligible materials, free of charge, to the transfer station the week after City Wide Clean-up from May 1st – 5th, 2023.
MATERIALS NOT ELIGIBLE for curbside pickup include, but are not limited to: Shingles, Logs, Brush, Stumps, Concrete, Building Materials, Lumber, Tires, Leaves, Grass, Garbage, Wood Pallets, Drywall, Propane Tanks, Gas Cans, Ashes, Paint (in liquid form), Chemicals, All Liquids and any bagged or boxed items.
IT SHALL BE UP TO THE DISCRETION OF THE WORKERS AS TO WHAT MATERIALS ARE OR ARE NOT ELIGIBLE!