Fairbury City Wide
Residential Clean-Up Week 2020
April 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
CLICK HERE TO SCHEDULE YOUR PICK UP DATE NOW!
It’s that time of year again!! Roll up your sleeves and join your neighbors and friends in this city wide observance to make our city a neater, cleaner and more
attractive place to live!
THE CITY OF FAIRBURY WILL PROVIDE FREE CURBSIDE PICK-UP SERVICE FOR LARGE ITEMS ONLY IN THE CITY LIMITS ON YOUR SCHEDULED PICK UP DAY FROM APRIL 20 - APRIL 24, 2020. THIS IS A CHANGE FROM PREVIOUS YEARS. PLEASE READ THE BELOW CAREFULLY:
- To schedule your large item pickup, please contact the public works department at (402)729-5261, extension 7 or register online below. Registration for pick-up must be completed prior to April 19th, 5:00 p.m. Please note: Items will not be picked up if your address has not been submitted and approved prior to the deadline of April 19, 5:00 p.m. Items that can be disposed of with regular garbage service or items contained in bags or boxes will NOT be picked up.
- Residents who want to dispose of mattresses must place them inside a roll-off dumpster located in the community center parking lot during clean-up week. For the safety of our employees, please be sure to place mattresses in the dumpster. DO NOT lean them up against it. Mattresses will NOT be picked up curbside or in the regular weekly trash pickup.
- Junked vehicles can be removed at no charge by calling (402)729-5261, extension 7 and furnishing proof of ownership.
- ALL ITEMS SCHEDULED FOR PICKUP MUST BE PLACED CURBSIDE BY 7:00 a.m. (no alley pick-ups).
- All items scheduled for pick up must be placed curbside in direct view of the house number.
- Fairbury Residents may also haul their own eligible materials free of charge to the Fairbury Transfer Station.
DO NOT PUT TRASH CURBSIDE TOO EARLY!!! Trash put out more than 2 weeks before City Wide Clean-up Week begins will be subject to being picked up by the city FOR A FEE that will be billed to the resident and/or property owner.
MATERIALS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR CURBSIDE PICK UP include, but are not limited to: Shingles, Logs, Brush, Stumps, Concrete, Building Materials, Lumber, Tires, Leaves, Grass, Garbage, Wood Pallets, Drywall, Propane Tanks, Gas Cans, Ashes, Paint (in liquid form), Chemicals, all Liquids and any bagged or boxed items.
IT SHALL BE UP TO THE DISCRETION OF THE WORKERS AS TO WHAT MATERIALS ARE OR ARE NOT ELIGIBLE!