City Wide Clean-Up Week 2022
FAIRBURY: April 25, 26, 27 (CLICK HERE FOR CLEAN-UP WEEK FLYER)
JANSEN: April 29 (CLICK HERE FOR CLEAN-UP WEEK FLYER)
CLICK HERE TO SCHEDULE YOUR PICK UP DATE NOW!
It’s that time of year again!! Roll up your sleeves and join your neighbors and friends in this city wide observance to make our city a neater, cleaner and more attractive place to live!
THE CITY OF FAIRBURY WILL PROVIDE FREE CURBSIDE PICK-UP SERVICE FOR LARGE ITEMS ONLY IN THE CITY LIMITS ON YOUR SCHEDULED PICK UP DAY FROM APRIL 25 - APRIL 27, 2022 FOR FAIRBURY AND APRIL 29, 2021 FOR JANSEN.
- To schedule your large item pickup, please contact the Fairbury Transfer Station at (402)729-4078 or register online below prior to 4:00 p.m. CST, April 21, 2022 to have your address added to the list. Items will be picked up only on the day scheduled for you and only from the address that has a scheduled pick-up. Items will not be picked up if your address has not been submitted prior to 4:00 p.m. CST, April 21, 2022 and approved prior to 4:00 p.m. CST April 22, 2022. Items that can be disposed of with regular garbage service or items contained in bags or boxes will NOT be picked up.
EILGIBLE MATERIALS, from QUALIFYING RESIDENTIAL PROPERTIES ONLY - NO BUSINESSES, include, but are not limited to: couches, loveseats, recliners, stoves, refrigerators, washers, dryers, water heaters, exercise equipment, carpet, car parts, and other large items NOT collected on regular garbage collection.
Residents wanting to dispose of mattresses can take them for free (one set per dump) to the transfer station all year long! Mattresses will NOT be picked up curbside or in the regular weekly trash pickup.
Junked vehicles can be removed at no charge by calling (402) 729-4078 and furnishing proof of ownership.
DO NOT PUT ITEMS CURBSIDE TOO EARLY!!! Items put out more than 2 weeks before City Wide Clean-up Week begins will be subject to being picked up by the city FOR A FEE that will be billed to the resident and/or property owner.
- This service is limited to THOSE LIVING AT A QUALIFYING RESIDENCE and for materials FROM THOSE PROPERTIES ONLY - NO BUSINESSES!!!
- Maximum of (1) truck load per residence.
- All items must be PLACED CURBSIDE BY 7:00 A.M. on the scheduled pick-up day (no alley pick-ups).
- All items scheduled for pickup must be placed curbside in direct view of the house number unless otherwise directed by city staff when scheduling your pickup.
- ALL GARBAGE CANS, BARRELS AND CONTAINERS AT THE CURB DURING CLEAN UP WEEK WILL BE THROWN AWAY
- Fairbury residential customers, may also haul their own eligible materials, free of charge, to the transfer station the week after City Wide Clean-up from May 2nd – 6th , 2022.
MATERIALS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR CURBSIDE PICKUP include, but are not limited to: Shingles, Logs, Brush, Stumps, Concrete, Building Materials, Lumber, Tires, Leaves, Grass, Garbage, Wood Pallets, Drywall, Propane Tanks, Gas Cans, Ashes, Paint (in liquid form), Chemicals, All Liquids and any bagged or boxed items.
IT SHALL BE UP TO THE DISCRETION OF THE WORKERS AS TO WHAT MATERIALS ARE OR ARE NOT ELIGIBLE!